Social Media Marketing 101
Social media is one of the best places to market your business.
It’s a place where even the smallest brands can compete with gargantuan businesses to engage customers and drive sales. You have the opportunity to foster authentic connects with all demographics, giving your brand the chance to grow locally, regionally, nationally, and worldwide.
But, social media is more than just a place where you can share details about your business every now and then. If you want to make the most of platforms like Facebook, TikTok, and Twitter, you have to dig into what goes into an effective social media marketing campaign.
We can help with that! Here are Sierra Production’s top social media tips, backed by over 25 years of marketing experience.
Know Your Audience
Before you dig your heels into the other tips on this list, you have to know your audience. When you know who you’re targeting, planning a social media strategy becomes a little easier.
It’s like getting to know a new friend. You find out what they like and what they don’t like. You know how old they are, who is part of their immediate family, where they work, and a whole host of other facts that help you build a meaningful relationship together.
Do the same thing for your customers. When you know how old they are, what they like to do for fun, and what kind of problems they’re facing, you can create social media posts that target your audience, ensuring your message connects on a personal level.
Choose the Right Social Media Platform
There are a lot of social media platforms out there, and new ones pop up all the time.
You don’t have to be on all of them!
It’s much better to choose just one or two platforms where you can be completely present than it is to try and juggle multiple platforms when you don’t have the time or the resources to manage them properly.
The question is, which social media platforms are right for your business?
- Facebook continues to be the largest social media platform with billions of active users. It’s the best platform if you want to share, converse, and discuss with your audience.
- Instagram has billions of users too, but the majority of them are under the age of 34, making it a great platform for sharing visual information with a younger audience.
- YouTube is a wildly popular place that continues to grow year after year. If you have the time and the resources to produce and promote videos, it can be a great place to grow your business.
- TikTok is a video platform that’s all about trends that cycle in and out fast. It’s a great place to have fun with the latest craze while connecting with users under 30.
- Twitter is a quotable place where brands can interact with other leaders. It always seems to be in the news for one reason or another, so it can be a great place to promote your business.
Other social media platforms you may want to consider include:
You Gotta Have Goals
It’s true that social media is for communicating with customers, but what is the ultimate goal of those communications?
That’s the question you need to answer if you want to get the most out of your social media marketing strategy.
A few social media goals you may want to consider include:
- Increase awareness among those who don’t know your brand exists—yet
- Generate new leads that eventually convert into sales
- Boost customer engagement by encouraging your audience to interact with your content
- Send traffic to your website where people can sign up for an email newsletter or make a purchase
- Increase mentions of your business in the press and with social media influencers
- Provide better customer service with direct messaging
Get to Know the Algorithm
Social media algorithms are supposed to help users feel less overwhelmed with irrelevant content by curating what you see on your news feed.
In practice, it ends up causing a lot of frustration. Each algorithm works differently, and they are constantly changing, which means you could post something that doesn’t get seen, even among your followers. By knowing how the algorithm works, you increase the chances that users see your content. It’s worth your time to at least have an idea how the algorithms work so you can plan your posts accordingly.
A few things to keep in mind when trying to play the algorithm include:
- The time you post
- The type of content you post (videos, photos, links, etc.)
- Engagement (clicks, likes, time spent on a post, etc.)
Dig Into the Data
There is no point in spending time creating a social media marketing strategy if you aren’t getting a return on your investment. The only way to know if you’re reaching your goals and beating the social media algorithm is if you dig into the data.
Social media KPIs help you track your goals so you can see if they are being reached, or if your goals need to be adjusted. They can include measuring things like:
- Hashtag performance
- Positive sentiment
- New Followers
- Timeline impressions
- Video views
- Profile visits
Consider Running Ads
It is possible to build a thriving community on social media, and in turn, grow your business by sticking to the basics. But, if you’re looking for a boost in engagement, consider running ads.
Social media advertisements enable you to pay money to ensure your ads are displayed to users who do and don’t follow you. Ads can target a specific audience to increase your followers, boost leads to your website, get more sign-ups for an email newsletter, and more.
You don’t have to try and figure it out on your own. At Sierra Productions, we can run custom, high-performing ads on platforms like TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn to increase engagement, and ultimately, increase your bottom line.
Contact us today and we’ll craft a social media marketing campaign that will help you achieve your goals!
Don’t let your competition get ahead of you – contact Sierra Productions today!
Phone: New York (212)-359-9497 | Dallas (469)-661-1411
Book a meeting and let’s discuss your business needs!